Jeepney

I don't have much experience with Filipino food. Sure I've been to a few restaurants here and there. But I certainly cannot call myself well versed in it. So when a friend wants to do dinner at a Filipino restaurant, I'm always game. The food intrigues me and I always want to know more. For this food adventure, it was TT's birthday. The FBM crew sat at a large table, ordered too much, them watched as our table was piled with every inch of space with food.



And here we go... This is the Chicaron Bulaklak ($10) which is described on the menu as crispy pork ruffle fat. While most internet definitions will say this is fried intestines, it is indeed not. It is actually the membrane that keeps the intestines attached to the abdomen. It's naturally tough so boiling then frying is a necessary to get it crispy. The version served here was a bit heavy and greasy. One basket was enough to feed the 8-10 of us that night. It's certainly not something you can eat a lot of. At least not me.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Jeepney"