Fried Chicken With Brown Rice

So every Sunday, I head over to the kitchen to whip up a big batch of food for lunch the next week. Yes, I brown bag. And I almost always do it every week unless I become too busy to even buy cold cuts from the deli. I do it for several reasons being health, finance, and laziness. Now, you may think that spending hours on a day off to prep and cook five meals at once is hardly lazy. But let me remind you, I hate it when the time comes to decide what to eat for lunch every day. I work in Midtown so the choices are endless. My problem, the more choices, the harder it is for me. So it's much easier for me to have my lunch ready and already decided.


So my lunch for the week: Chicken Stir Fry with Brown Rice

A really simple yet delicious lunch this week. Honestly, it took me only an hour from start to finish for make about 8-10 servings of this lunch. I took some chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) and sliced them into strips. Then I cleaned and chopped up some vegetables which were onions, red bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, and bok choy. But before you do all that, put the rice on. I use an electric rice cooker which is amazing. It's basically set and forget. While the rice cooks, saute your other ingredients. Start with the chicken and cook through completely. I only season it was soy sauce and sriracha. Then cooked the vegetables. I alternate the soy sauce and sriracha seasoning with the vegetables. The ones that do not get that seasoning just get salt and pepper. This prevents the dish from getting overly salty. I cooked everything separately and then tossed it all together (except for the rice). Again, from all the washing, chopping, and slicing, it only took me about an hour. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Post a Comment for "Fried Chicken With Brown Rice"