Perona Farms

There are some banquet halls in NJ that offer buffet style lunch and/or dinner on a regular basis. That is, when there isn't an event going on. One such popular place is Perona Farms. Supposedly their brunches get really busy especially since they can cater to larger groups. So one day, Mr. M&P, Ms. Pastry Chef, Ms. Cordon Bleu, and myself went in search of food.



The room is set up like a wedding with tables spread all around. But don't worry, there are small tables too. Plenty of 2 tops for the smaller parties. I also saw plenty of birthdays being celebrated so round tables holding 8 to 10 people was spread around as well. Once you are seated, a waiter comes around and takes your order. Then you're led to the room with all the food. It's buffet style so take as much or as little as you please. I always like to take a walk around the room first to see what's being offered. Then I go back for the items I want to try.



My first plate including the raw seafood bar like shrimp cocktail, oysters, clams, and smoked salmon. Each of these items were decent. Not the best but certainly just fine. I also tried the eggs benedict (this is very popular) and kale salad. The eggs benedict was much better than I assumed. The egg was actually properly cooked being completely runny in the middle. That is talent because these babies were just sitting in a warmed chafing dish. I think that the popularity of this item keeps the rotation fresh. And thus, the egg not being overcooked. The kale salad was really, really good. Refreshing, crunchy, and well dressed.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Perona Farms"