Baking: Lotus Seed Moon Cakes

This post has been in the making for 2 years now. If you're a frequent reader then you know my goal of making traditional dishes from scratch. One such dish/dessert is moon cakes. Every year during mid autumn or moon festival, these cakes are given to your loved ones as a gift. Now, many store bought ones are pretty good. If you can find a bakery that makes them fresh then that's even better. But as you know, I like to try to make things from scratch so that I know exactly what is going into things.



A couple of years ago, I started my moon cake experiment. I bought molds over the internet and then research for recipes. A good and easy recipe was really hard to come by. I finally settled on one and tried it out. The results I got were just okay. It wasn't bad per se but I also wasn't entirely happy either. Fast forward 2 years and I found another recipe. It looked easier but still seemed to be okay. To my surprise, it was way better than the first. The results were better and it was less time consuming. That's a win win in my book.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Baking: Lotus Seed Moon Cakes"