Root & Bone

Comfort food has taken over the restaurant scene across this country for awhile. It almost seems that every new restaurant is about the casual scene each toting the best this or the best that. I've seen a lot of burgers, noodles, and fried chicken places pop up recently. I'm wary about a lot of these new places but when Root & Bone hit the market with rave reviews of their fried chicken, I had to check it out. My favorite, Bob White, is fantastic and I wanted to know if Root & Bone would measure up. So off I went with Dessert Zombie in tow to celebrate some happy life changes. We sat at a two top table in a fairly small restaurant. Expect to be elbow to elbow with your neighbors. They try to squeeze in as many tables as possible in this place. We arrived at an early 5:45pm for dinner and the place was packed by 6:30pm. All this on a weekday. Yup, it certainly is a buzzed about place.




Now onto the food. There was no doubt we were going to order the fried chicken. The half chicken to share, in fact. But what sides and starters should we get as well? Biscuits, of course! The Grandma Daisy's Angel Biscuits comes with a bowl of honey roasted chicken jus for dipping and some salt and seed on the side. These biscuits came hot to the table and were quite nice. I actually preferred them without the chicken jus as I enjoyed their buttery flavor. Were these the lightest and fluffiest biscuits? Nope but quite nice on their own.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Root & Bone"