Baking: Hello Kitty Cake

Ever since I decided to be the sole birthday cake baker for my niece and nephew, I've decided to push myself. I started with very simple layered cakes. But then I started playing around with marshmallow fondant (the only kind I will volunteer to eat and make). And one thing led to another and I'm making more complex cakes. There's still a lot for me to learn but this is a good start.



So when it was my niece's 3rd birthday this year, it was of no surprise that she wanted Hello Kitty as her cake. Lucky for me, the shape of Hello Kitty's head is relatively round and uniform. Unfortunately for me, the simplicity of her face can lead to obvious mistakes. I didn't want to give her a ghetto looking Hello Kitty whose face may have gone through a stroke. Nope, I want the cake to look like the real deal. And so I tried really hard on this cake. And as you can see above, it came out really good! I am really proud of this cake. It's the best one I've made so far.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Baking: Hello Kitty Cake"