Mile End Delicatessen

When people come to NYC, they ask what should I eat? Well, there's a plethora of food here and the choices are endless. But what I really point to are foods that they don't necessarily get in other parts of the country/world. One of those things, is Jewish food. Specifically Jewish deli meat. Oh there's something so wonderful about pastrami or corned beef or beef tongue. It's something special and an experience in itself. Now, I'm a fan of all those famous places in NYC like Katz, Carnegie, 2nd Ave, etc. Those are the staples that I bring out of town people to. Who am I kidding? I go just for myself as well.



So when I heard about Mile End Delicatessen, I was a bit intrigued and cautious at the same time. Here's a newcomer in a world of well distinguished Jewish delis in NYC. What are they trying to do that's different? Or are they not trying to be different at all? So I went to try what it was all about. With Mr. M&P in tow, of course.



We skipped the appetizers and went straight to the sandwiches. He ordered the the Ruth Wilensky ($9) with beef salami, mustard, and an onion roll. That beef salami was really strong in flavor with lots of spices. It was perfect to stand up to the sharp mustard and onion roll. A solid sandwich indeed. The only complaint I think he had was that he wished there were more meat. I think he was expecting sky high meat like you may find at the other establishments.

Read more �

Post a Comment for "Mile End Delicatessen"