Turkey Ampanada and Potatoes au Grenanon



So every Sunday, I head over to the kitchen to whip up a big batch of food for lunch the next week. Yes, I brown bag. And I almost always do it every week unless I become too busy to even buy cold cuts from the deli. I do it for several reasons being health, finance, and laziness. Now, you may think that spending hours on a day off to prep and cook five meals at once is hardly lazy. But let me remind you, I hate it when the time comes to decide what to eat for lunch every day. I work in Midtown so the choices are endless. My problem, the more choices, the harder it is for me. So it's much easier for me to have my lunch ready and already decided.


So my lunch for the week: Turkey Patties and Potato Au Gratin




While most people are dieting and trying to keep their new year's resolutions, I'm more concerned about eating well and using up ingredients let from the holidays. In my pantry, I had lots of potatoes and vegetables to be used. I hate throwing things out so instead, I made this week's lunch out of it. With the potatoes, I decided to make them au gratin because I also had leftover milk and cream. With the potatoes, I decided to also make turkey patties to be a bit more healthy. I had ground turkey meat in the freezer and lots of other vegetables like carrots, onions, and celery.


Post a Comment for "Turkey Ampanada and Potatoes au Grenanon"